What if you could predict the future?
Predicting the future isn’t that easy but it’s not impossible, at least not in manufacturing (sorry, no winning lottery numbers here). Let me explain why…
Planning and scheduling software can be simply described as a visual tool for modelling the outcome of any combination of factors within defined parameters. As long as the system is provided with the information (data) it needs to create an accurate picture of your production and processes, it can accurately reflect the consequences of changes to the model and reliably predict outcomes. And quickly! Time is a critical factor for all organisations. You want to predict results and make timely decisions based on what the system is telling you.
As a very simple example; Seiki’s dynamic graphical scheduling software can help you see the impact of adding new jobs to the expected delivery dates of already planned works orders.
Then, using drag and drop, easily move them around the planning board until you achieve an optimal plan that keeps all customers happy. All this without affecting the live schedule, until you want to: true what-if planning.
- Create snapshots of your what-if scenarios and then load the most effective plan
- See the live ripple effect of any operations not starting on time
- Quickly assess the impact of changes with colour coded analysis
- Adjust individual resource availability and efficiency for the most accurate capacity model
- Perform collaborative scheduling; sharing scenarios using graphical Simulation
So the meaningful answer to my original question “What-if we could help you…?” really is, “we can!”