Now is not the time to make waves
Let’s be realistic, it’s rarely the case that unplanned changes or delays are going to have a positive effect on your schedule. If not resolved or responded to quickly they can affect your overall throughput and can significantly increase the time and expense of production.
You know that saying, prevention is better than cure? A prioritised digital work queue and WIP booking system is one means of attempting to prevent that first ripple inducing event. It minimises the risk of operations going late by giving the machine operator explicit live status indicators of both active work-in-progress (is it on target to meet the planned finish time), and all the subsequent operations queued to the resource (are they going to be started on time?).
- Operator confirms the start and completion of each operation to dynamically update the status in the Scheduler
- Enter part counts and scrap reasons
- Send a record First Off Inspections
- Attach meta deta such as files and comments
- View notifications of non-conformance to help control quality levels
- Follow the overall flow and progress of operations both live and historically via the digital batch card
With this visibility of the forward workload and latest manufacturing priorities the operator is empowered to take action to ensure that your planned productivity targets are achieved. It creates the right conditions for a more proactive approach.