Machine Event Monitoring
When you’ve got production targets to meet and the challenge of keeping costs under control, it’s essential to have a true and accurate picture of your manufacturing resource activity. Seiki Machine Monitoring helps build greater integrity into the measurement of your manufacturing equipment performance. It enables you to quickly identify, evaluate and minimise critical productivity losses, helping to improving equipment availability and work throughput – your ROI.
Machine Monitoring Data Collection
The software captures productive and non-productive events occurring on CNC machines and manual resources.
- It allows you to connect every machine to see and understand how your entire shop floor is performing.
- Each status change can be captured automatically (e.g. cycle start or alarm condition) via digital signals received from the machine tool, providing continuous recording of production times.
- Operators can manually enter additional operating conditions and status changes, capturing the reasons for the machine being in a non-productive state using the simple touch buttons.
- Where the Feedrate and Spindle Override data is available, the system records when a machine has been running in a non-optimal condition
- All activities are recorded in the audit trail for full traceability of all machine activities.
- We can support a dual installation of direct Ethernet based machine data acquisition and traditional digital I/O for legacy equipment, as well MTConnect, OPC and other machine specific protocols.
If you simply want to start by understanding whether your machine is running or when it has stopped in order to track downtime, this can be achieved with the out-of-the-box configuration. Once you’re ready to start delving into the specific reasons for machine stoppages, the system includes a fully customisable monitoring status grid, do it’s as easy as adding the statuses that you wish to track and analyse.
Live Machine Status Visibility
Having overall visibility of manufacturing activity on your shop floor gives the control and flexibility you need to be responsive to customer demands and to continue adding value through the production process.
- As a visual management tool, it provides a dynamic live view of the manufacturing shop environment –
- Dashboard, Timeline and Andon views provide a fast visual indicator of the live status of every resource as it’s updated by the Operator on the shop floor.
- The interactive Timeline allows you to drill down into individual events.
- Alarm status notifications can be configured to alert users of alarm conditions or when thresholds are exceeded for specific conditions.
Machine Utilisation Analysis
Machine utilisation analysis provides detailed analysis of the productivity of each machine, together with non-productive reasons. The results are displayed in interactive pie, bar and Pareto charts.
- Accumulative % and total hours for each event that has occurred during the selected period.
- Where available, automatically generated machine alarm codes can provide insight into micro-stoppages
- Individual events or groups of events can be drilled into to identify trends or compare against other resources.
- Export data as .csv, .xlsx, .dat, .doc, HTML and PDF, making collaboration easier
Use your machine utilisation data to inform strategies to optimise machine uptime, throughput and ROI.
Our sales team can be contacted directly at 01273 666999 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to answer any questions that you have, to discuss technical features of the system and to arrange a demonstration.
Live Works Order Progress Tracking & OEE
Enhance your solution with our WIP Booking module for a complete picture of your production performance. It supports transparent, frictionless works order processing – delivering prioritised work queues to each resource on the shop floor and capturing accurate, consistent production data. Tracking the live progress of each operation in this way will give you insight into the shop floor’s adherence to plan and will help to improve your on-time delivery performance. Analysis of the performance data will highlight deviations between planned and actual operation times, and when combined with Machine Monitoring you can drill down into the causes. Together they deliver the critical factors required to calculate OEE.
- Improve operational efficiency by understanding performance down to the individual resource
- Simplified and streamlined data capture process to reduce data entry errors
- Enables users to identify potential problems and take a proactive approach to maximising throughput
- Live visibility of all events occurring on your machines/resources
- Supports 24/7 machining and gives you confidence that unmanned production is monitored
- Uncover previously hidden or unaccounted for productivity losses and their causes – even the small stoppages that accumulatively can have an impact on your performance
- Maximise the utilisation of your existing resources and base decisions for investment on real data
- Unlike fully manual methods, system logic, user prompts and notifications support consistent, accurate and complete information
- Data is stored and captured in a format that is compatible and easily shared with other standard data processing and reporting packages such as Microsoft Excel, making collaboration easy
- Use the insight into your actual machine utilisation performance to refine your capacity model and build greater integrity into your planning and scheduling system
- The system prompts the user to enter the correct status if a machine goes into an unknown stoppage state
- Stoppage reasons can be entered retrospectively
- Automatic and/or manual data collection
- Fully configurable ten by infinity status grid
- Dynamic live views of the shop floor from anywhere on your domain
- Graphical display of machine utilisation & productivity trends
Seiki Jobpack DNC
Integrate to Seiki Jobpack DNC to deliver accurate and complete works order information and work queues electronically to the operator terminal on the shop floor, eliminating copy and distribution times for paper-driven operations. The system includes an administrative toolkit for the management and control of NC Programs, including file status and approval, assignment of user access privileges and generation of traceability reports.
Integrate to Seiki SFDC to view the current state of all work in progress, which in turn enables you to have a view of your true capacity for planning and scheduling work throughput. The result is improvements in manufacturing processes such as the flow of work in progress (W.I.P), the quality of parts produced, minimising scrap and machine downtime, and the distribution/availability of information throughout the organisation.
Integrate to Seiki Scheduler for a complete finite capacity planning solution designed to provide a high level of visibility and control of your manufacturing process. The system provides a dynamic, fast and flexible solution to a typically complex management procedure. It can create optimal sequences of production based on a realistic model of your true available capacity, as well as provide a clear visual indication of the impact of unforeseen changes in order to prevent late deliveries.
Read more about Seiki Monitoring
Ethernet machine data acquisition as an integral part of our Machine Monitoring solution. Data over Ethernet enables unified, robust communication with your CNC machines. It is compatible with Siemens, Mazak and Fanuc. This solution enables you to record and track machine events – valuable manufacturing data that can make a real difference to your business.
Note: Seiki Monitoring is able to support a dual installation of direct Ethernet based machine data collection and traditional digital I/O
Protocols currently available:
- Fanuc – uses Fanuc’s FOCAS control
- Mazak – via in-built Mazak software on the machine
- Siemens – via software that we install on the machine’s HMI, which communicates with the Siemens version of OPC
Seiki software actively supports MTConnect as an effective means of collecting actionable machine tool data. By providing a standard dictionary of data items, MTConnect delivers the connectivity and consistency needed for our Machine Monitoring software to capture the state of all your MTConnect enabled resources, irrespective of their make or model. This means our system can give you a complete, unified view of your shop floor activity and the contextualised data you need to focus on exceeding your productivity and efficiency targets.
For a full list of data that can be collected via Ethernet based machine data acquisition, please download the product information sheet under the Documentation tab.
The Seiki solution is dependent upon your client server and LAN infrastructure. Seiki does not provide IT hardware, with the exception of:
- Industrial I/O hardware for machine data acquisition
- Industrial touch screen PCs for the shop floor
- Ethernet to Serial hardware and Serial expansion cars for DNC purposes