Seiki Systems is a leading UK supplier of manufacturing execution software solutions. The company develops solutions which help improve its customers’ competitiveness by providing software that plans, monitors, reports and helps optimise the use of manufacturing resources.
You will join a team supporting a product range encompassing production data management, machine data acquisition, manual data collection and data reporting software. The office is located on the seafront in Brighton, close to the beach and pier.
- We are looking for someone with the ability to support in house browser-based developed applications, deployed on a variety of customer environments.
- Working closely with the Service Desk, making a diagnosis and then either creating a fix or liaising with the development teams to ensure the issue is resolved and the root cause and resolution documented and understood by the Service Desk.
- You will also assist the implementation team by installing and configuring the software remotely, which will require direct contact with the end customer.
- There may be occasions where you are required to attend customer site to perform some of the above duties, for example where the installation cannot be completed remotely, or a problem cannot be recreated in house.
- Become a subject matter expert in all aspects of Seiki applications and provide 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Technical analysis and support to internal and external clients.
- Investigate issues on customer systems and provide fixes.
- Implement and configure software, predominantly remotely but occasionally on site.
Technical Skills Required
- Ability to analyse a problem, diagnose it and find its root cause.
- Experience of log analysis from applications and Windows event viewer and ability to research issues online.
- The ability to support database systems, querying and modifying data in MS SQL Databases.
- Powershell and Unix shell scripting experience.
- Experience supporting bespoke software applications.
- Any experience of using source code control systems such as TFS or SVN would be advantageous but not mandatory.
- You must have some computer programming and database administration skills and an understanding of web-based applications.
- The ideal candidate will have previously worked for a software vendor of browser-based software solutions, installing, supporting and using web-based applications.
- Any experience working on products from Manufacturing and Industrial control sectors would be advantageous, e.g. experience with one or more of the following: CAD/CAM, PLM, ERP, Scheduling, MES.
- May suit someone with a support background looking to move into more of a development role or an experienced dedicated 2nd / 3rd line support, who can communicate between Development level and 1st line Support level.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter, marked for the attention of John Davis, to email@example.com
Read our Privacy Statement