Data Collection and Resource Monitoring
In every manufacturing segment the same business disciplines and requirements apply. They include the flexibility to respond to rapid changes, rigid documentation and reporting requirements, pressures to control costs and maximise efficiency. Communicating, sharing and analysing information in real time can support manufacturing organisations in their efforts to achieve the control and flexibility to be competitive in today’s demanding market.
Seiki AIR Monitoring and Seiki AIR SFDC modules can help companies to maintain and improve the flow of information between the top floor and the shop floor by collecting and delivering accurate, live production and manufacturing process information throughout the organisation.
- Seiki AIR Monitoring – automatically and/or manually record resource status as derived electronically from the machine state conditions
- Seiki AIR SFDC – a job tracking data collection solution to provide detailed analysis of the progress and operation times of individual works orders
The information derived from data collection and resource monitoring provides greater control and visibility of your performance, quality and resource availability. The result is improvements in manufacturing processes such as the flow of work in progress (W.I.P), the quality of parts produced, minimising scrap and machine downtime, and the distribution/availability of performance information throughout the organisation.
With an increasing focus on the shop floor as an internal profit centre, the ability to interrogate reliable, actionable data that has been collected in real time directly from the shop floor can provide a significant competitive advantage.
The benefits of real time data collection & resource monitoring
- Improves the accuracy and speed of data collection
- Enables you to identify the real reasons for lost productivity
- Contributes to the effectiveness of advanced planning systems by providing accurate, live data
- Provides longer term trend analysis to better understand the impact of changes or new strategies
- Increases the visibility of every works order and shop floor resource for improved shop floor information distribution and availability
- Supports improvements to manufacturing processes, such as the flow of W.I.P, and minimising scrap and machine downtime
- Collect process data that may be critical to your quality standards
- Supports green and sustainable manufacturing through efficient use of resources and a paperless environment
- Supports lean manufacturing & continuous improvement programs to maximise output, minimise waste and drive down manufacturing costs
Your journey into Manufacturing 4.0 / the IoT has begun!
Read our article about Smart Manufacturing Data