Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC)
Our Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC) WIP Booking solution has been specifically designed with shop floor users in mind. The interface is uncluttered, easy to navigate and simple to learn, enabling operators to complete their daily work activities with minimal effort. Our primary goal is to make it straightforward for users to enter accurate, consistent production data that is of real benefit to your business.
The system supports transparent, frictionless works order processing with prioritised work queues. Tracking the live progress of each active operation delivers insight into the shop floor adherence to plan, helping to improve your on-time delivery performance.
Digital Work Queues Support Delivery Date Adherence
The digital work queue for each resource is driven by works orders released from the Seiki Scheduler or your existing APS/ERP/MRP systems. They are dynamically updated to reflect the latest priorities as defined in planning. Each operation on the queue contains the critical targets, including planned batch setup and part production times; operation start and finish times; and the works order due date. Operator access to this data supports informed decision making and the ability to make a direct contribution to on-time delivery performance.
- Optional rippling logic prevents operations from being started out of sequence and validates the booked part quantities
- Prevents the completion of an operation that has a first off inspection outstanding
- Allows multiple jobs to be started in a resource
- Delivers shared work queues for grouped resources
- Generate work queues for grouped resources
- All activities and user entries for resources, works orders and operations are captured and digitally stored in audit trails
- Users can attach external files to operations, making them part of the batch record
- Users can add comments and view notifications
This increased level of detail will help you work in a more collaborative and priority driven way by aligning people and processes.
Work In Progress (WIP) Booking
The Operator can confirm the start and completion of each operation on the work queue for work in progress tracking.
- The quantity of parts produced can be entered manually or automatically (via part counter if fitted to the CNC machine) and can be updated progressively during the batch, at the end of the shift or entered upon completion.
- Users can enter reasons for non-conformance (good and scrap part counts) to help identify improvement opportunities for eliminating errors and reducing waste.
- Users can add comments and view notifications such as when a non-conformance is raised.
- Depending on your system configuration, the WIP bookings will also dynamically update the operation’s status in your scheduling system and can also be transferred to your ERP system.
Digital Batch Card
The batch card details all the routing information, allowing the Operator to follow the overall production process for each works order, identify bottlenecks and understand the full sequence of events to manufacture the part.
- Full works order audit trail.
- Operations stamped upon completion with the username, date and time.
- User can quickly identify completed operations and take action to foreshorten time in production.
- Complete batch cars become a complete, detailed historical record.
Order Progress Tracking
View a week by week visual summary of the progress of each works order. The graphical progress bar indicates the status of each operation and whether full part quantities have been booked. It enables users to quickly identify orders that are planned or due to be completed late. When evaluated in conjunction with the order value (only available when imported from your ERP system) and any non-conformances, it’s easy to focus your team’s attention on critical priority jobs.
KPI reports enable you to drill into detailed historical analysis of the progress and times of operations for individual works orders, including a comparison of planned versus actual job times and costs.
The data from the shop floor can enable management to make informed business decisions and initiatives to reduce costs and improve performance.
Tackle Productivity Losses & OEE
Enhance your solution with our Machine Monitoring module for a complete picture of your shop floor performance. It provides greater visibility of the significant loss causing events that are having the biggest impact on your throughput capability (potentially a quick win). Combined with your WIP booking data, it’s then possible to uncover and start to address the smaller, often more chronic performance losses. Together they also deliver the critical factors required to calculate OEE.
Seiki AIR offers a fast, affordable entry point onto your digital transformation journey. Contact us now to see a demo email@example.com or call 01273 666999
Already a Customer…
- Visit the V5 product page – here
- Discuss your upgrade options by contacting your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improve operational efficiency by understanding performance down to the individual operation
- Reduce administration time and costs with paperless processing
- Simplified and streamlined data capture process to reduce data entry errors
- A data collection solution designed specifically for the shop floor environment
- Improve visibility of works order status and material traceability
- Drive faster decision making
- Improve communication, shared information and increased visibility to drive on-time delivery performance
- Achieve greater data accuracy and on-time deliveries
- Optimise works order performance by improving output and reducing scrap levels
- Capture the time attributed to works orders supporting more accurate job costing
- Provides reliable data for continuous improvement strategies
- Close integration with our other modules provides a seamless user experience – supporting the multi-tasking, multi-functional and time pressured demands of the modern manufacturing environment
- Collect job status data – start/finish/pause
- Automatic and manual part counting
- Enter scrap code numbers and reasons
- Graphical reports of individual job performance
- Export data as .csv, .bmp or HTML format for easy distribution
- Integrates to your ERP system for automatic updating of inventory levels
Seiki AIR Monitoring
If you want to control costs, get more value from your resources and ensure capital investments return revenue quickly, it’s essential to collect detailed information about all productive and non-productive events occurring on your shop floor. Seiki AIR Monitoring helps build greater integrity in the measurement of your manufacturing equipment performance, so you can confidently evaluate and proactively minimise critical productivity losses to improve availability and work throughput – your ROI.
- Capture productive and non-productive events occurring on CNC machines and manual resources
- Supports a dual installation of direct Ethernet based data acquisition and traditional digital I/O for legacy equipment, as well as MTConnect, OPC and other machine specific software protocols
- Customisable ten by infinity status grid
- Operators can view and monitor the performance of each resource
- Capture machine generated alarm codes (where available) for insight into micro stoppages
- Record when a machine has been running in a non-optimal condition
- Dynamic, live view of the shop floor from anywhere on your domain
- Dive into the productivity of your resources with machine utilisation analysis
Read more about Seiki AIR WIP Booking:
Server Hardware Requirements
- Quad Core 2.4GHz or faster
- 16 GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB for SQL and 2GB for the application
- Quad Core 1.8GHz or faster
- Operating System: iOS (latest version), Android 8.1 Oreo or later
- 3GB RAM
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Screen resolution: Optimised for 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Hardware and software requirements are representative and may vary by customer deployment.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 is required for all products installed on any PC or Server. Please check the Microsoft IIS supported operating system versions.
- Database server sizing is influenced not just by Seiki applications but also by the operating system, the database used plus other applications utilising the server. Seiki Systems cannot assume any responsibility for recommendations other than for the applications it supplies.