Seiki Systems’ Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
- How Seiki Systems uses the personal information you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship when you use the Site.
- What personal information, if any, Seiki Systems may share about you and the conditions we use to protect your information if it must be shared that has been collected through the Site.
- Other things you should know about privacy and Seiki Systems.
- “Personal Information” includes information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you or a specific individual.
Your Personal data
Through the website, Seiki Systems will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, survey), respectively, provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
You may also provide or we may collect data from you at a number of additional points, for example, when you place an order for our products or complete our form at an exhibition, seminar, or conference. This data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and product interests.
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, distributors, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we may use your data – legitimate business interest
We process personal information for carefully considered and specific legitimate business purposes, which are in our interests and enable us to enhance the products and services we provide, but which we believe also benefit our customers.
When you do provide us with personal data, we use it to respond to your enquiry, process your order, provide you access to specific information or offers and to support our customer relationship with you:
- to provide you with information that you request from us
- to provide you with products and services that you order from us
- to provide you with sales and customer service support. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to enhance, modify, personalise or improve (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests
- to send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to comply with applicable law and regulation
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests
- to invite you to take part in market research, product research or surveys
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard. If you choose not to have your personal data used to support our customer relationship (especially direct marketing or market research), we will respect your choice. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties. You may withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting us at any of the following:
Mail: Seiki Systems Ltd, Olivier House, 18 Marine Parade, Brighton, BN2 1TL
Phone: 01273 666999
You will also be given the opportunity to withdraw consent to receiving marketing or promotional messages from us each time that we contact you by these methods. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after the conclusion of our business relationship, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as legal requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
Seiki Systems Ltd markets and sells its products and services world-wide through many affiliated third parties, vendors, distributors, and suppliers. To the extent it is necessary for these groups to provide their products and services to us and to provide the products and services you have requested, these third parties may have access to or process your Personal Information.
Product Registration & Technical Support
Recruitment and Job Applications
All of the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format. We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
Visitors to our websites – Non-personal data collected automatically
Seiki Systems will not knowingly collect personal data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. If you are under 18 or otherwise would be required to have parent or guardian consent to share information with Seiki Systems, you should not send any information about yourself to us. As required by law, if we learn the person submitting the information is such a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorised disclosure or access, Seiki Systems uses appropriate technical and organisational security measures. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Links to Other Websites
Seiki Systems’ website contain links to other websites. Seiki Systems is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Under GDPR, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
Questions, Comments and Complaints
Seiki Systems tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Seiki Systems’ collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
The Data Controller is Seiki Systems Ltd. Its registered address is:
18 Marine Parade
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated 5 May 2018.