Production Planning and Scheduling
Production planning and scheduling software is helping many companies to do more than just produce workable production plans, it’s delivering plans that help to strike an effective balance between the demands of meeting delivery dates and managing workflow efficiently and economically.
The Seiki Core Scheduler provides a powerful and easy to use production planning and scheduling solution that generates accurate schedules based on your actual capacity, material and delivery requirements. This means that you can:
- Increase resource efficiency
- Reduce lead times
- Reduce costs by minimising stock and inventory
- Get early indications of potential problems and take corrective action to avoid late deliveries
- Respond quickly to changes with real time visibility of live production information and KPI performance analysis
- Identify untapped production capacity to respond positively to new sales opportunities
- Reduce outsourcing by maximising the utilisation of your existing resources
Finite Capacity: Accurate and Realistic
The Seiki Core Scheduler enables you to administer workplaces, define standard maximum and minimum hourly rates, individual workplace efficiency and shift start times to create a realistic model of your available capacity.
- Create a realistic model of available capacity – administer workplaces, define standard maximum and minimum hourly rates, individual work place efficiency and shift start times.
- Manage the routing information required for scheduling, e.g. material, operation numbers, resource(s), and setting and cycle times.
- Built-in scheduling rules take the time, complexity and errors out of planning.
- Manage operational constraints – set rules such as no overlap, earliest start and latest end dates
Visual Production Planning
The Seiki Core Scheduler is a highly visual manufacturing planning software solution. Its graphical planning board enables you to visualize your resource utilisation and availability across the shop floor in real time. It provides a fast visual summary of the loading of all active orders along with essential production information associated to their individual operations, such as works order number, drawing number, quantity and due date.
- Simple colour coding provides a clear visual indicator of the status of current WIP and the potential impact of unexpected changes to the workload
- Create easy what-if production plan scenarios using the simple drag and drop feature. This is a safe method of evaluating and predicting outcomes of alternative plans as the master schedule is not affected until a scenario is saved.
- Dynamically update available capacity by reducing or increasing the number of available hours on each resource to immediately see the impact of the change.
>> Watch a brief video describing the key Planning Board features
The best way to really appreciate the benefits of a dynamic and graphical planning solution is to see it live! Our sales team can be contacted directly at 01273 666999 or via email email@example.com and they will be happy to arrange a demo and answer any questions that you have. Alternatively, please complete our contact form.
Enterprise Application Integration
Using Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) software, Seiki is able to offer an intelligent interfacing solution that can optimise data exchanges between different software applications. This means you can connect ERP/MRP/PLM systems or other databases and software to the Seiki Scheduler database, in order to automate the task of data entry. Integration with back office systems help to keep all stakeholders up to date by maintaining the flow of information throughout your business.
Production Planning and Scheduling Related Content
> Related story: What-If, now that’s a great question…
> Related story: Finite capacity planning, the missing link
> Related story: The Efficiency Factor
> Related link: The difference between planning and scheduling
“The visibility of upcoming capacity provided by Seiki’s planning and scheduling software is fantastic. It allows us to confidently decide whether to take work on and promise delivery dates we can expect to meet. It has also helped us improve our throughput and the overall volume of work we process in a year has increased by 17%.”
Nick Phillips, Manufacturing Manager
- Appearance and functionality of a traditional planning board
- Drag & drop technology for ‘what-if’ planning
- Create snapshots of what-if scenarios and then load the most effective plan
- Forward sequential loading of all jobs
- Create a realistic model of your available capacity
- Automated scheduling algorithms
- Simple traffic light indicators to preview consequences of changes to the schedule
- Collaborative scheduling: sharing scenarios using graphical simulation
- Interfaces to your existing ERP/MRP system or is fully integrated with the JobDISPO ERP
- Faster and more accurate scheduling
- Reduced outsourcing
- Reduced inventory and stock
- Identification of untapped production capacity
- More realistic delivery promised dates
- Improved on-time delivery levels
- Increased responsiveness to unplanned downtime events
- Planning of preventative maintenance
- Avoidance of production bottlenecks
- Greater visibility and communications
- Responsiveness to new or rush orders
- Increased customer service levels
- See the live ripple effect of any operations not starting on time
- Balance revenues, customer satisfaction and operational performance.
- Identify critical factors, understand inter-dependencies and contextualise performance data
- Revitalise and enrich your ERP system with detailed manufacturing process information, from start to delivery
- Helps you to maintain a positive and open line of communication with your customers regarding the current status of their job.
Integrate to Seiki Monitoring to automatically or manually record resource status as derived from the machine’s communication interface. The system enables you to record each changeover and setup times to identify the real reasons for lost productivity, effectively supporting continuous improvement strategies with live and accurate data. The Factory Status feature also offers a dynamic, real time view of the shop floor remotely to support unmanned operations and fast response to alerts.
Integrate to Seiki SFDC to view the current state of all work in progress, which in turn enables you to have a view of your true capacity for planning and scheduling work throughput. The result is improvements in manufacturing processes such as the flow of work in progress (W.I.P), the quality of parts produced, minimising scrap and machine downtime, and the distribution/availability of information throughout the organisation.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Seiki Scheduler integrates directly to our recommended Enterprise Resource Planning solution JobDISPO ERP for realistic material availability, reduced inventory and accurate job costing. Managing all your business documentation – from quote to invoice – in ERP enables you to synchronise and co-ordinate business and production information to create an optimised plan for the entire factory.
Seiki Jobpack DNC
Add Seiki Jobpack DNC to deliver accurate and complete works order information and work queues electronically to the operator terminal on the shop floor, eliminating copy and distribution times for paper-driven operations. The system includes an administrative toolkit for the management and control of NC Programs, including file status and approval, assignment of user access privileges and generation of traceability reports.
Read more about Seiki Scheduler
- Seiki Planning and Scheduling Brochure
- Finite Capacity - The missing link between your ERP & MES systems
- The Efficiency Factor - Improving the accuracy of your plan
- What-If? Planning and Scheduling
- How the Scheduler can help overcome typical production planning problems
- Kirkstall Precision Case Study
- AK Precision Case Study
The Seiki solution is dependent upon your client server and LAN infrastructure. Seiki does not provide IT hardware, with the exception of:
- Industrial I/O hardware for machine data acquisition
- Industrial touch screen PCs for the shop floor
- Ethernet to Serial hardware and Serial expansion cards for DNC purposes
Examples of systems that we’ve interfaced the Seiki Scheduler to using our EAI software:
- Avante ERP
- Baan MRP
- Chess ERP
- Infor Swan
- EMAX ERP
- Merlin 200 ERP
- Microsoft Access Database
- Micros Omins ERP
- Progress Plus
- Radan E2i
- Sage ERP
- SQL Database
- Tricorn ERP
- Mapics ERP
- Redthorn ERP
- Prodman ERP
- XKO MRP 900